- Use number careds to sequence numbers.
- Practice counting to 20.
- Have your child trace the numbers with his finger.
- To help your child identify all of the numbers, have him draw that many items on the back of the card. If he forgets what the number is, he can count the items to remind himself.
- Play the In-between game. Place two number cards face up and have your child choose the number card that should be placed in between. For example, turn number cards 8 and 10 face up. Have him choose the number card 9 and place it in the middle of the other cards.
- When numbers 0-20 are mastered, combine numbers to make new numbers.
- Add two different numbers together and count objects on the back to self-correct.