Saturday, September 7, 2013

Great First Day!

Wow!  What a great first day we had.  The kids were excited for school and had a blast making new friends.  We quickly settled into learning about the school routines of going to the bathroom, practicing our fire drills and talking about practice lock-downs.

On Monday we will be talking about school and classroom rules and starting our clip chart.   The kids will be able to clip up or down based on their behavior choices throughout the day.  Children who make good choices throughout the day will be able to get a "star punch" on their behavior card.  After 10 punches, they will be able to choose a prize from the prize box.  I have had great success in using this program over the past 3 year and look forward to using it again.  The kids are able to take pride in making good choices and many kids turn their behavior around after clipping down and are able to clip back up. 

We will also be starting our B.E.A.R. binders on Monday.  Please make sure to check the communication section and folder each and every night. 

Please feel free to e-mail me at any point.  I am working on trying to get into my phone messages currently and setting it up for my voice mail.  If you need to reach me by phone, please call the lower school office.  Hopefully I will be able to gain access shortly.

No comments: